Life Skills taught by Anchored4Life:
- Social Skills
- Stress reduction skills
- Ability to identify setbacks (positive and negative)
Coping is integrated into life skills development by:
- Utilizing peer-to-peer led groups on our Topics to model, teach, and practice life skill development.
- Anchored4Life and participating locations provide training to Team Leaders to support their peers with identifying setbacks and ways to bounce back.
- Actively encouraging the development of an individualized coping skill plan for youth to use in distressing situations.
- Sharing positive and inspiring Quotes to assist with overcoming setbacks.
- Providing access to Family Guidebooks. Guidebooks are a compilation of tips and resources for parents and caregivers to feel more knowledgeable in being able to support their youth struggling with change.